Live Online Classes
To join us online you’ll need to download an app called Zoom on your computer or phone in preparation. If you’ve never tried it before, then join the meeting a little earlier, unmute your mic and we can talk to each other. Keep your video on so we can see you during class.
Book yourself in for the live stream class through the studio app or website. Live stream classes are included in annual and monthly memberships. If you are not a member, you can purchase a casual class pass or a 10 class pass pack.
30 minutes before class you’ll receive an email with a link and password. Please make sure your email address is up to date in your Wellness Living profile.
Set up tips for your home practice:
- Set yourself up in a small room. Think small bedroom, maybe a bathroom or a walk in wardrobe.
- Many students practice in their bathrooms or ensuite because of the convenience of heat and mirrors that are generally already there. You can turn on the overhead heater and run a hot shower for 5 mins to bring up the humidity.
- Put down a towel on the floor. Use a mat if you have one. If you don’t, it doesn’t matter.
- Give yourself enough space to stretch. Think about the space you need for Balancing Stick and Full Locust. It’s ok to turn sideways on your towel/mat for the separate leg postures, this may stop you slipping.
- If you have a small space heater, set this up behind you so you feel some warmth on your back.
- If you have a humidifier set this up in the room.
- You don’t need a mirror – but you might have a full length mirror, the kind that hangs on the back of a door, that you could prop up in front of you.
- Think about wearing long pants and a top, or take a hot shower before your practice to warm up.
You are welcome to join us for the breathing exercise and warm up if your time at home is limited. Do what you can. If you are called away it doesn’t matter. A little yoga is better than no yoga at all.